About the Doctor Who Information Network
DWIN is a not-for-profit organization devoted to the celebration and promotion of ''Doctor Who'' and its Fandom.
The Doctor Who Information Network (DWIN) was founded in 1980 and continues to serve hundreds of fans in Canada, the USA and other countries around the world. It was one of the first Doctor Who clubs in North America, and is the longest running Doctor Who club on the continent.
DWIN publishes an award winning bimonthly fanzine entitled Enlightenment.
The club also publishes Doctor Who fan fiction in its fiction anthologies Myth Makers (short stories) and Myth Makers Presents (novel-length stories and special collections) fanzines. Both of these publications have also won awards.
DWIN also puts on Doctor Who conventions, and fan events. The most recent full convention was Who Party 14 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada in June 2009, with directors Colin Teague, James Strong, writer Rob Shearman, author Lance Parkin and comedian Tob Hadoke performing his one man show Moths Ate My Doctor Who Scarf.Since the last Who Party DWIN has held a number of smaller events in the Toronto area.
To learn about DWIN why not look around our site. If you have any questions, please feel free to write email@example.com.
- Happy 53rd Anniversary
- Top of the Class?
- Fan Myth RIP #3 - Celebrity Guest Casting is and was “bad” for Doctor Who
- Animated Curiosity
- Fan Myth RIP #2 - William Hartnell Was Playing Himself
- Fan Myth RIP #1 - Continuity Kills
- Head of the Class
- The Companion Departures Extra: Clara Oswald
- The Companion Departures - #1: Adric
- The Companion Departures - #2: Jo Grant
- The Companion Departures - #3: Victoria Waterfield
- The Companion Departures - #4: Romana
- The Companion Departures - #5: Perpugiliam (Peri) Brown
- The Companion Departures - #6 - Nyssa
- Coming up Sixes