Continual monitoring will also help you identify where you went wrong so you can make revisions or adjustments along the way. Remember, your plan is not carved in stone. It provides direction and a framework for you to work within, but there may be times when circumstances require you to be flexible or make changes that will improve your plan of action. Goal setting worksheets increase your chance of success and help you achieve your goals faster. Having a clear plan will keep you focused and motivated, especially if your short_term goals are realistic and measurable and allow you to celebrate successes on a regular basis. Many people fail to achieve a goal because they do not know what to do to make their dreams a reality. These forms provide clarity and focus so you know exactly what is expected on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. Having a clear understanding of which steps you should take will help keep you committed and see the plan through to the end.
Burning Desire _ \"Success is focusing the full power of all you are on what you have a burning desire to achieve.\" _ Wilfred Peterson. The first principle of goal setting is to have a burning desire. This is not something that you can train yourself to have, you either have it or you don\'t. You may be able to stay focused on your task or goal for a short time, but without a burning desire you will inevitably lose steam. Have One Major Goal . (In each area of your life _ spiritual, financial, health, etc.) \"There is one quality which one must possess to win, and that is definiteness of purpose, the knowledge of what one wants, and a burning desire to possess it.\" _ Napoleon Hill. About 95% of all Americans do not have goals. Out of the remaining 5% of Americans that do have goals, most set too many goals. Why is this a problem? Because without one major definite purpose or goal you have no clarity; you are no closer to accomplishing any of your goals than the 95% of Americans that don\'t set goals at all. Your goals must be clear and specific.